Chania Rethymno Arkadi
Destination Chania Rethymno Arkadi
We will start our trip driving to the west of Crete and make our first stop at the town of Skaleta. Here you will have time do drink a cup of coffee before we continue our trip.
Our next stop will be at Arkadi. All Greeks regard Arkadi monastery as a bulwark and symbol of freedom. At the site of the 1866 battle between Cretans and Ottoman Turks, the monastery was destroyed and only a few of its occupants escaped the massacre. But the brave and stubborn resistance exhibited by the martyrs of Arkadi, including the abbot of the monastery, proved the stimulus for widespread resistance throughout the island that attracted the attention of several foreign countries and finally resulted in the liberation of Crete.
Our next visit will be in Chania, the most ravishing city of Crete and its former capital. The city is divided into two parts: the Old town, with the gorgeous harbour and the New town, beyond its Venetian fortifications.
The Old town of Chania is one of the most beautiful cities in the Mediterranean. You will have plenty of time to stroll through its narrow streets, visit the old port and famous Agora market, which houses traditional little shops and taverns. You can also have lunch in one of the restaurants with the view over the harbour.
On a way back from our bus trip, we will also visit Rethymnon, the third biggest town in Crete, and it is also known as “Venice of Crete”. where monuments of the archaeological, Ottoman and Venetian eras coexist, in an extremely interesting way. Have a stroll in the alleys of the old town, visit the Turkish minarets and the Venetian fortress Fortezza or just enjoy your coffee in the magnificent harbour.
On this day you will discover the most beautiful cities and it will be one of the most colourful days of your vacation in Crete!
► Stop: Scaleta ► Stop: Arkadi ► Stop: Chania ► Stop: Rethymno
What is in the price
✔ Pick-up from your hotel (at the specific tourist bus stop, outside of the hotel. No more than 800 m)
✔ Guided tour Arkadi
✔ Guided tour at Chania and free time for your lunch
✔ Guided tour at Rethymno
✔ Transfer with air-conditioned bus
What is not in the price
✘ Entrance fees to museums/sights, individual expenses.
● For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
● This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
● The boat's departure and arrival times, as well as the excursion schedule, might be altered due to weather conditions or traffic at ports
● Comfortable shoes, hat, sunglasses, sun cream are required
● Children must be accompanied by an adult
● For the visit to Arkadi, shoulders must be covered as well as legs above the knees. Please respect the atmosphere of the monastery.
● You are kindly requested to proceed at the meeting points 10 minutes prior departure time