Uncover the fascinating history of Spinaloga Island on this tour from Agios Nikolaos. Cruise around the island’s natural wonders and ancient ruins, hear about the Saracens pirates, Venetian armies, and leper colonies that have inhabited the island over the years and enjoy lunch in the seafront town of Plaka.
Travel on the north-east coast with a boat ride on the picturesque bay of Mirabello Visit the small fortified island of Spinalonga. Accompanied by a professional tour guide you will stroll through the streets of the Venetian castle and get acquainted with the interesting history of the island. Continuing the sea voyage, the ship docks in the bay Kolokytha where you have free time for swimming in the crystal clear waters. After, the crew will offer a lunch consisting of chicken, pork, vegetables, a glass of wine and a glass of water. Then you will head to the next stop, the town of Agios Nikolaos. You can enjoy walking on your own in this beautiful place, have a coffee or beer with the view of the famous lake Vouliagmeni. *Pick-up (from the specific bus stops outside of your hotel) is arranged after booking. From villages of the North Heraklion region (Kokini Chani, Gouves, Analipsi, Anissaras, Hersonissos,etc). For other areas, contact us.
► Stop at: Spinalonga. Spinalonga island, an impressive fortress and the last “leper colony” of Europe. An amazing tour full of sea, history and stories are some of the reasons to visit Spinalonga.
► Stop at: Kolokytha. The small beach consists of fine sand and the water is always very calm and shallow. The colours of the water range from blue to turquoise and the beach is perfect for snorkelling. It got its name from the island Kolokytha (zucchini) on the opposite side. Kolokytha Beach is a dreamlike beach
► Stop at: Ag. Nikolaos. A year-round busy town, it's vibrant and buzzing. It has several good beaches within easy reach, plenty of nightlife, bars, shops and restaurants, as well as museums and a fair bit of history.
What is in the price
✔Pick-up from your hotel (at the specific tourist bus stop, outside of the hotel. No more than 800 m)
✔Information about the route and Agios Nikolaos during the bus ride, excursion on Spinalonga island.
✔Transfer with air-conditioned bus
✔Small barbecue at the beach or onboard (pork, chicken, vegetables, a glass of wine, a glass of water).
What is not in the price
✘ Ticket entrance to Spinalonga (Adults 8 euro)
✘ Entrance fees to museums/sights, individual expenses.
● For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
● This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
● This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
● The boat's departure and arrival times, as well as the excursion schedule, might be altered due to weather conditions or traffic
● Comfortable shoes, hat, sunglasses, sun cream and a swimsuit are required
● Children must be accompanied by an adult
● You are kindly requested to proceed at the meeting points 10 minutes prior departure time